Cape May, We LOVE You! Read All About Our Family-Friendly Visit to One of the Jersey Shore’s Top Beach Destinations & Vacation Spots. Also See Why We Loved Our Wonderful Hotel, The Montreal Beach Resort!
We traveled over the weekend to Cape May, New Jersey! We have NEVER gone this far south in our state. It is exit 0 on the Garden State Parkway! Let me tell you that we have been wanting to visit Cape May for YEARS! We finally made it happen for local summer, we had perfect weather & the PERFECT trip!
Cape May is so special. 4 President’s have visited and stayed in this town (yes I learned some info on the tour we did)! The Victorian houses that fill the town are GORGEOUS! They are really unbelievable to look at & how they were preserved. Cape May is so colorful & pretty, it reminded me of being in the Florida Keys or Curacao. Many of my friends always spoke about Cape May, & they visit every single year, well now I can see why!
We were hosted by The Montreal Beach Resort hotel for our trip. We were so happy with our stay at the Montreal Beach Resort for so many reasons!
1) Location! The Montreal Beach Resort is RIGHT across the street from the beach. The beach is literally steps away! When coming to vacation in a beach town, you do not want to have to drive to get to the beach. This was a MAJOR win for us.
2) Kid-friendly! In addition to their main pool, they have a kids pool right next to it! I love having a place for the girls to splash around and play! My girls also LOVED having breakfast right next door at Harry’s Bar & Grille! Another win for the location too! Harry’s Bar & Grille is RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Montreal Beach Resort. They are open for breakfast, lunch & dinner! This made us so happy to have a great meal & again NOT have to drive or go anywhere. The menu was so good too!
3) Beach made easy! The beach is right across from the Montreal Beach resort! They also offer cabanas daily for such a reasonable price, we LOVED having this to get some shade and relax while the girls played Harry’s also offers waitress service by the beach too!
4) Spacious Rooms! Our room was perfect for our stay. It had a kitchen area, dining area, living room area, and balcony to enjoy the beach & pool views! Truly made our stay so enjoyable not being in a cramped hotel room. The girls had space to play & not just be stuck in one room.
5) Friendly Staff! The staff at the Montreal Beach Resort were wonderful. They were so friendly, & made our stay so enjoyable! From the front desk, to the cleaning crew, everyone was lovely!
I cannot say enough great things about the Montreal Beach Resort! If you are in town, definitely check them out for your hotel accommodations!
Now while in Cape May there is SO much to do.
- Trolley Tours, we did one and it was SO great! They have tours geared towards kids, ghost tours, historic tours, etc.
- Miniature Golf.
- Markets with awesome local stores. We loved walking through and checking them all out.
- The Cape May County Zoo, which is FREE!
- The Lighthouse, we didn’t go inside but it was gorgeous to see!
- Whale & dolphin watching boat tours.
- Bird watching & natural trails.
- Farms including an alpaca farm!
They also have tons of fairs & festivals throughout the year!
Our second night in Cape May we took a short drive to Wildwood, where we were hosted by Morey’s Pier. Morey’s Pier has 3 different amusement piers! We arrived at night & couldn’t do any of the amazing water attractions but let me tell you they looked PHENOMENAL! We stayed at Mariner’s Pier & we had SO much fun! There were rides there we had never seen or done before! The water park itself made us instantly say we HAVE to come back during the day and do this! All the rides were SO great! We just had the best night there! They even had a bumper cars for smaller kids so FINALLY the girls got to do it (they always want to, so this made their day). There were TONS of dining options, clean bathrooms, & we could have stayed there for days & the girls would STILL not be bored!
If you are in Cape May, Wildwood, Wildwood Crest or any surrounding area, you KNOW Morey’s Pier is the absolute best place to go have fun! I mean date night, friends night, or family night! They totally have you covered no matter who you are coming with!
I am already planning & hoping that we can revisit Cape May next year! I would love this to be a yearly tradition for my family! It is an absolutely beautiful, family friendly town, the PERFECT spot to take a vacation! Have you ever been to Cape May? What do you love about it?
Read about one of our last trips to The Kartrite here, (Aruba coming soon)! And thank you to the Montreal Beach Resort for sponsoring this post!