When winter comes around & rears its head, it can cause an uproar to our bodies. Our skin gets dry, everyone gets sick, & our gorgeous summer tans fade away. We are also inside more, the days are shorter & this can get kind of depressing. I actually love the change of seasons living in the northeast because there is always the next season to look forward to. Winter is the hardest one to get through for me personally. My girls feel different, they love when it snows! But for me, I need extra beauty maintenance to get through the cold winters.
Self-tanner is something I use year-round. After a pretty bad skin cancer scare in 2007 (from tanning salons, thats for another post) I was not supposed to be in the sun much. I do try to tan as much as I allow myself on vacation but for me self-tanner is LIFE. It took a lot of trial & error to find the right products that worked for me.
1) Easy to apply
2) Natural looking
4) No gross smell
I now have my system down! I will share the products with you & then go over the routine & how I use them!
1) Loving Tan Mousse. This is what I use to tan my whole body. It goes on so nice, never streaky, no horrible smell! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I have my husband help me do my back, & back of legs so it comes out even! I use this about once a week, twice in the summer.
2) Loving Tan Applicator Mitt. This is the applicator I use for the Loving Tan Mousse!
3) Isle of Paradise Tanning Water. I use this on my face. It is unlike ANYTHING ELSE. You can use it on your body too but I haven’t tried that yet. I use this on my face almost daily in the summer, 2-3x a week in the winter. It is clear, like water. There is not even a chance of any mess. It ALWAYS looks natural. It NEVER looks streaky. IT IS PERFECT! Truly the best thing I ever discovered in the self-tanning world!
4) St. Tropez Applicator Mitt. I use this for my face to rub evenly in the tanning water I use.
5) St. Tropez Tan Buildup Remover. I use this when I see a little buildup usually by hands or feet to remove it! So simple & great to have when needed!
6) St. Tropez In-Shower Gradual Tan. This is a game changer. I use this in the shower DAILY in the summer, 1-2x a week in the winter! It builds your tan gradually, & while you are in the shower which makes it SO easy!
7) Jergens Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer. I like this one for the shower (possible more than the St. Tropez) because this one you don’t have to wash off in the shower. The St. Tropez you do. That is the main difference between the two. My friend Marnie told me about this one last year & I loved it!!!
There you have it. My FAVORITE self-tanning products for winter (& summer). Have you tried any of these products yet?