Check Out This Weeks Mom Boss Monday (On Tuesday this week) Keri Rhine!
Keri Rhine is one of the first Mom friends I made when my oldest was a baby. AND, Keri is from Brooklyn like me so obviously we connected right away. She is funny, takes no you know what, & cares deeply for her friends.
She also makes women feel more confident with her work as a medial esthetician & body contouring specialist! Keri is in the business of beauty & gives women the boost they need to feel like their best selves.
Keri gave me the best facial of my entire life, a hydrafacial! If you never had one, GET ONE! Omg! Seriously the best one ever!
And now, here is my interview with Keri!
1) Name: Keri Rhine
2) Where are you from: Brooklyn, NY & now NJ
3) What is your business name/info? Avanti Day Resort specializing in Medical Esthetics
4) How did you get involved with your work? I started working in a salon when I was a teenager and was asked if I would consider going to cosmetology school. I actually said no and decided to try the skin care course the school offered instead and fell in love with esthetics. Following graduation, I started working with a Plastic Surgeon learning Medical Esthetics.
5) What are the biggest challenges you face in your business? One of the biggest challenges I’ve noticed is the abundance of spa’s open or opening on every corner you look. That’s why I sought out years ago to really focus on the art of Body Contouring.
6) How do you manage your time effectively? I’m actually a very scheduled person. I have to be to keep my schedule flowing at work perfectly without hiccups, or at least I try. If I’m late or one of my patients run late that can throw the whole day off. Everybody has some where to be, so time management is key in order to having a successful day.
7) Tell us about a challenge you faced & overcame! A challenge that I overcame was when I first started practicing esthetics around 15 years ago. Getting into the beauty industry working for Plastic Surgeons at a young age, having my credibility doubted because of my age. That made me want to step up my game and push myself beyond my scope so I can really show my patients I know what I was talking about. I might look young, but my knowledge is expansive!
8) Who inspires you & why? My mom is my inspiration for sure! Between being married, 3 kids, grandchildren, running a business the list goes on, I don’t know how she does it. She will never say no and has patience like a saint. They don’t make women like her anymore!
9) What do you do for fun? Besides the obvious spending time with my family, I LOVE laying in bed watching reality shows or Lifetime movies. I don’t need much in
life- my pillow which I take EVERYWHERE and cable!
10) What makes you a MOM BOSS? I get sh@t done! When I set my mind to it, I do it! Wether it’s work related or parenting, work first and then play…
How can we find you? Website // Email: Keriarhine@gmail.com
Keri will also be with me this weekend as I host an event at Bloomingdales Willowbrook Mall NJ ! She will be sitting on the panel of the In Her Shoes event which you will not want to miss! Learn more & sign up here!