MOM BOSS MONDAY, CHECK OUT THIS WEEK’S FEATURED MOMPRENEUR, ALAINA ACOSTA!
Alaina Acosta is one of my favorite people I was lucky enough to meet though my networking group, Tri-State MAMApreneur Networking. Alaina was my last guest on my TV show before I resigned as well! We bonded instantly, & I find her to be truly inspirational. She is SO talented, I will let her tell you about her business, but she is also a very talented singer in a band! Alaina also is extremely funny (we both post memes or jokes that the other can always laugh at or appreciate). She is an all-around wonderful person! Here is my interview with Alaina!
1) Name: Alaina “Lainey” Acosta
2) Where are you from: originally Bronx NY living in Matawan NJ
3) What is your business name/info? VerucaStyle Boutique – gift and accessories that give back
4) How did you get involved with it? I started originally as a wholesale shworoom with a partner to help up and coming jewelry designers get a larger presence in the industry, but then it became a retail project to represent designers in the marketplace.
5) What are the biggest challenges you face in your business? Traffic is definitely one, while the web has been easier for me to gain exposure in, getting traffic in the store is a whole ‘nother thing
6) How do you manage your time effectively? Automation has helped a ton, using services like Shopify and key integrations with crossover services is huge. Another one is using my husband as a living alarm clock. He just loves that 😉
7) Tell us about a challenge you faced & overcame! My biggest challenge was leaving the nine-to-five and giving this boutique life. It’s been hard to have a different income set-up but we hustle hard in my house.
8) Who inspires you & why? I have been deeply inspired by the communities of mom’s and business women I have found around me here in NJ, as I have found having a tribe for support and guidance is super important.
9) What do you do for fun? Besides laugh at memes all day I front a rock/punk/new wave cover band called Palmarosa!
10) What makes you a MOM BOSS? My precious 4 year old Lilah does, her beautiful genuine love and kindness have really helped me navigate the Mommy Ocean in a way that I never thought possible, she makes it fun. She is a great little helper in my store and inspires me to keep going even when I’ve run out of gas.
In case you missed last week’s Mom Boss Monday, you can check it out here!