Mom Boss Monday: This Week Featuring One of The Ultimate MOMpreneurs, Ilsy Hoo!
I met Ilsy Hoo through networking. She is a member of my networking group, Tri-State MAMApreneur Networking! I saw right away that she was special, motivated, innovative, & a total boss. She told me in photos to wear red or pink, to wear BOSS colors! I listened! She is a great role model for her kids & an inspiration to many moms. I can’t wait to share my interview with her!
1) Name: Ilsy J Hoo
2) Where are you from: Monmouth County NJ
3) What is your business? WeJane TV, www.WeJaneTV.com, Accomplished Women LLC, www.ilsyjhoo.com
4) How did you get involved with your businesses? It started out as being a volunteer for a women’s professional growth network for a respected multinational financial services firm. Then I was asked to co-lead to help implement 20 yearly events to help empower our women employees. I found my passion in helping women build their business and personal brand. Now i’m an expert of leveraging entrepreneurs and brands through developing strategies, online promotion and branding.
5) What are the biggest challenges you face in your business? When I started, it was time management but I’ve come to learn how to prioritize on a day to day basis. It wasn’t easy but things would have fallen through the cracks if I didn’t adapt to the fast paced environment I’m in.
6) How do you manage your time effectively? Delegating and putting everything in a calendar. I had to learn that I couldn’t do it all so I delegate some of my work to my business partner. Also I would be lost without my calendar. There are many types of calendar apps that can be used.
7) Tell us about a challenge you faced & overcame! Knowing to say no thank you. Having a love of helping people so it was very hard for me to stay no when asked for help. I had to put my business first and learn how to say I can’t help you at this time. I never close the door anyone but putting yourself first is important.
8) Who inspires you & why? My kids, Catherine and Daniel inspire me to keep pushing forward. As a mom we want the best for our children. I want my kids to see that life is so much more that what you have. Its about how much you give to the world. I love the woman I’ve become and they totally respect my hustle.
9) What do you do for fun? Fishing and going to sporting events. I just love being outdoors
10) What makes you a MOM BOSS? Finding out who you are as a women and being able to execute your dreams. I’m living my dream now and I can’t wait to see what else is down the road for me.
Isn’t Ilsy such an inspiration? I love seeing what she is working on & following her journey!