Mom Boss Monday Featuring Lauren Gitlin of Legit Oils! Read all about this inspiring Oily Mom! & LAST CHANCE TO WIN NORDSTROM MONEY JUST IN TIME FOR THE ANNIVERSARY SALE!
Lauren Gitlin is a member of my networking group, Tri-State Mamapreneur Networking! She is an expert on essential oils & how they can better your home & family.
Read my interview with her here!
1) Name: Lauren Gitlin
2) Where are you from: Howell, NJ
3) What is your business name/info? Legit Oils
4) How did you get involved with it? I started to use doTERRA essential oils with the birth of my second child as a way to keep our families immune system supported. I quickly saw amazing results using essential oils and began learning everything I could so that I could in turn share this education to empower other mamas.
5) What are the biggest challenges you face in your business? People see “MLM” and may have a negative reaction without understanding the true business model or event trying the oils. I’ve explained that MLM is not a “pyramid scheme” (those are actually illegal). Instead what it is, is an opportunity for anyone in the business to rise to the top on their own, vs. a corporate type structure where only the top executives are on top making all of the money. doTERRA invests in their wellness advocates as their form of advertising the oils and products to help educate more people to welcome them into this lifestyle of natural living. It’s an amazing community of like-minded people who are there to learn and grow together along the way.
6) How do you manage your time effectively? I try my best to wake up before the kids do and focus in on that nap-time hustle! I’m learning about time blocking and attempting to add that into my schedule for more focused times of action. I’ve also learned to say NO to things that don’t serve me or my business so I have more time to pursue building my business and time with my family.
7) Tell us about a challenge you faced & overcame! I was nervous that my friends and family wouldn’t support my business when I first started and I felt I wasn’t being myself on social media. I created a business instagram profile where I knew they were not yet following me, and worked on my presentation skills, photography and writing. I quickly became very confident in my essential oil education and invited them all to follow along with me on social media and attend my in person workshops. To my surprise, everyone has been completely supportive. I also learned that if they weren’t, that’s ok too. We can’t worry about pleasing everyone all of the time. It’s so crucial to focus on bettering ourselves and what we want and the right people will be supportive and drawn to our work.
8) Who inspires you & why? There are a few top leaders in doTERRA that inspire me to keep pursuing my dream of having a wildly successful business welcoming thousands of families into doTERRA. Another would be Rachel Hollis. I know many of us mama’s have read her books or watched her on instagram, and I think that she is real and shares a lot of relatable content to lift us up on our own journeys.
9) What do you do for fun? Spend time outside with my Hubby and kiddos. We like to find new places to explore and walk around in nature. The kids are young enough that these adventures could be going to a local park 🙂
10) What makes you a MOM BOSS? The fact that I can hustle and build my business all while my kids watch and see the example I am setting for them.
If you missed last week’s Mom Boss Monday, you can read it here!
HERE IS THE GIVEAWAY INFO FOR NORDSTROM ONE MORE TIME!
Time to treat yourself to a Summer Nordstrom shopping spree!
I’ve teamed up with a group of bloggers to give you
a chance to win a $750 Nordstrom Gift Card!
To enter: complete the steps in the rafflecopter below. The more steps you complete,
the more entries you receive, and the better your chance at winning!
This giveaway runs until Tuesday, July 2nd at 12am PST
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
*this giveaway is in no way sponsored by Nordstrom.