Mom Boss Monday: Featuring Marilyn Pianelli of Headlight Harness!
Maryiln is one of my fave Boss Moms! We talk shop all the time, we talk about new exciting things going on, & just how crazy this Mom Boss life can be!
Marilyn wears many hats! She is a MOM, wife, has a full-time career, is the owner of the AWESOME Headlight Harness (which I cannot wait to get one when we get a dog), & will soon have her own RADIO SHOW on iHeart Radio! Can you say BOSS? Can you say major inspiration?
Check out my interview with the lovely Marilyn Pianelli of Headlight Harness!
1. Whats your name? Marilyn Pianelli
2. Where are you from? NJ
3. What is the name of your company? Headlight Harness
4) How did you get involved with Headlight Harness?
While out walking my dogs late one night in the summer of 2014, a black cat happened to cross our path. One of my dogs, a black Terrier named Mo, managed to wiggle free from his harness and decided to give chase. We live in a dark, suburban neighborhood with poorly lit streets. Mo charged across the street, and was almost struck by an oncoming car that never saw him. Thankfully, Mo wasn’t hit by that car, but many dogs and their owners aren’t that lucky. It’s a scenario that plays out all too often across the country.
Pets and their owners being struck by vehicles due to low light conditions and poor visibility. I decided there and then that my dogs and I would NOT be one of those statistics. I spent the next few months shopping for something that would keep my dogs visible to vehicles, safe on walks, and help me see my surroundings. Unfortunately, that product didn’t exist. So my husband and I spent the next year designing, developing, and producing the Headlight Harness. Originally intended for our own personal use, it quickly became apparent that our Harnesses filled a giant void in the pet industry. On every walk, I would be stopped by people and asked where they could get a Headlight Harness of their own, until finally, Headlight Harness LLC was born.
5) What are the biggest challenges you face in your business? Just finding enough time in the day.
6) How do you manage your time effectively? First is always making time for my customers. Customer service and making the best possible products is our number one priority.
7) Tell us about a challenge you faced & overcame! Trying to figure out the best way to balance work and mom life. It’s something I am always working on.
8) Who inspires you & why? I am so inspired by y husband and daughter. My daughter always sees the best in people and always makes me smile. My husband is one of my biggest cheerleaders, and I appreciate his honest point of view.
9) What do you do for fun? Hang out with my family and friends.
10) What makes you a MOM BOSS? Making smart choices for my family and myself.
Marilyn is an inspiration because she is so hard-working! She wears so many hats & is always striving for the next level of success!
I cannot wait to learn more about her new radio show & make sure to check out her social media channels so you can stay in the know also!
If you missed last week’s Mom Boss Monday, check it out here!
ANDDDDDDDDDDD I HAVE 2 GIVEAWAYS IN THIS BLOG POST!
Time to treat yourself to some of your Amazon favorites this Spring!
I’ve teamed up with a group of bloggers to give TWO of you
a chance to win a $400 Amazon Gift Card!
To enter: complete the steps in the rafflecopter below. The more steps you complete,
the more entries you receive, and the better your chance at winning!
This giveaway runs until Tuesday, June 18th at 12am PST
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
*this giveaway is in no way sponsored by Amazon.