MOM BOSS MONDAY FEATURING MARYNN JANEZIC! *AND* NORDSTROM GIVEAWAY INSIDE AHEAD OF THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE!
Maryann Janezic was a guest on my TV show a few months ago. I’m still so impressed by how she balances family life with running a successful dance studio!
HONESTLY, I believe Moms are just magical because we just get it done! I would love you to learn more about her! Here is my interview with Maryann! I hope you enjoy getting to learn more about how she got started, & how she makes it work!
1) Name: Maryann Janezic
2) Where are you from: Wayside, NJ
3) What is your business name? MISS MARE’S ALL ABOUT DANCE
4) How did you get involved with it? I bought my business from the owner I worked for at Linda Jean’s Studio of Dance in 2010. I went to her studio and taught for her for 14 years before I bought the business.
5) What are the biggest challenges you face in your business? I’m a people pleaser and I’m always trying to make everyone happy which is hard in any business. Specifically, the toughest age to teach is 9-12 years old, they think they know everything. Sometimes it’s hard to keep them grounded and focused.
6) How do you manage your time effectively? I only get 2 hours straight Tues/Wed/Thur tondo paperwork and work that isn’t done by my bookkeeper And receptionists. That’s the only time where I have three kids in school and one napping. Finding the time to do the stuff that I don’t do in the classroom is the tough part.
7) Tell us about a challenge you faced & overcame! I had a dance team student get involved with a company in NYC, which was great for us because she learned what she had from us and took it further. I fought for her to stay on our team as she still went to do the program in NY, but it caused a lot of conflicts with our schedules. In the end, I had to make her choose, which was a hard decision but the best for everyone.
8) Who inspires you & why? I get inspired every time I watch other dancers and every time I walk into my classroom. When my students work hard and progress, accomplish goals they have put their mind to, it pushes me forward to work harder.
9) What do you do for fun? I’ll take my daughter to get her nails done with me, take my four kids on a day trip, when daddy’s home, take them to the park, out to breakfast. Just spending time with them all is fun!
10) What makes you a MOM BOSS? I have to keep it together on the home front as well as in my dance studio!
Maryann is so sweet, so lovely, & was a pleasure to get to know her on my show, as well as feature her this Mom Boss Monday. She is leading by example of what a Mom Boss is for her children! It is NOT easy to run a business, be a Mom, & balance it all.
If you missed last week’s Mom Boss Monday, check it out here!
HERE IS THE NORDSTROM GIVEAWAY INFO BELOW!
Time to treat yourself to a Summer Nordstrom shopping spree!
I’ve teamed up with a group of bloggers to give you
a chance to win a $750 Nordstrom Gift Card!
To enter: complete the steps in the rafflecopter below. The more steps you complete,
the more entries you receive, and the better your chance at winning!
This giveaway runs until Tuesday, July 2nd at 12am PST
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
*this giveaway is in no way sponsored by Nordstrom.