Check Out My New MOM BOSS Mondays on Glitz & GlaMOM…This week featuring Rose Zagami!
On Glitz & GlaMOM I try to do 3 posts a week. Usually I post on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays. Fridays is always Fashion Fridays!
I decided Monday’s will be in honor of the MANY boss babes that I am lucky enough to know, & many to call friends! For my first MOM BOSS MONDAY! I decided to interview my friend Rose Marie Zagami of Rose Marie Zagami Photography.
I met Rose Marie initially two ways.
1) The first was from networking, we were in mutual mom & networking groups. Rose had reached out to tell me that she appreciated the way I ran my group, which meant so much to me!
2) Rose grew up with & is a very good friend to one of my very good friends!
The reason Rose is who I wanted to be first is for this reason, my husband & Rose are both photographers. Where we live, photographers are around in leaps & bounds. There are a few that probably get the most business, and my husband & Rose are 2 of them.
NOW, where we live this can lead to lots of negative, competitive behavior! We have seen lots of petty, immature, ridiculous behavior when it comes to people wanting their business over anything else, even over friendships! However, Rose & I are the OPPOSITE of that! We send each other work ALL THE TIME! We talk shop, swap stories, & enjoy having something in common.
Rose & I are about community over competition. She was president of a local Moms club, now she is Vice-President. She is strong, sweet, lovely, beautiful & an all around awesome lady! When I needed help moderating my networking group, she volunteered to help out! I am lucky to have her as a friend!
So without further ado, here is my first MOM BOSS MONDAY interview with Rose Marie Zagami!
1) Name: Rose Marie Zagami
2) Where are you from: originally Staten Island but now live in Tinton Falls NJ for the past 8 years.
3) What is your business name/info?
Rose Marie Zagami Photography. I am a photographer and now have my own home studio 🙌🏻😊
4) How did you get involved with photography? It started out as a hobby 8 years ago. I started out as a nature photographer and started up my own FB photography page back in 2012 I gained confidence by other photographers telling me how much they loved my work. I didn’t think much about fully doing this as my career at the time. But once I became pregnant with my son back in 2013 I decided I wanted to start my own photography business. I self taught myself everything how to use my camera, learn about apertures, ISO, natural/ studio Lightning, etc and learn how to edit as well. 4 years later I have my own home studio and some really amazing clients ❤️
5) What are the biggest challenges you face in your business? I love what I do and I’m very passionate about it too. I’m my own worse critic sometimes ( well, all the time) Im a perfectionist and I sometimes over think everything. 🤦♀️
6) How do you manage your time effectively? I try to be very accommodating to everyone my clients and family. I try to work during the hours my son is in school and when my husband works from home so I don’t have to stress about baby sitting. There’s just never enough time in a day to do everything. (Mommy, wife and photographer lol )
7) Tell us about a challenge you faced & overcame! I’ve learned to be confident in my price rates. I struggled with this a lot in the beginning ( am I reasonable enough? And I too reasonable? ) it would drive me crazy sometimes ( all the time) But I’ve learned to be true to myself and be confident in my rates and work.
8) Who inspires you & why? All moms inspire me. SAH, working and single moms!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
9) What do you do for fun? Before kids or after ? Lol. Well I use to ride horses on my spare time ( pre mom) Now, I’m happy just having the bathroom to myself for 5 minutes without someone walking in on me 🤣. But when I can I do love to be around nature and walk on trails as much as possible.
10) What makes you a MOM BOSS? I really don’t consider myself as a “MOM BOSS” I’m just grateful that I have the opportunity to finally do what I love. Honestly, I consider myself more as an artist really. Just love to create beautiful images of my clients ( or of nature) and still be able to be home with my son. I am truly blessed ❤️
How can we find you?
Thank you Rose Marie for being my first MOM BOSS featured!