Check Out This Week’s Mom Boss Monday….Featuring One of My Besties Samantha DeSilvio!
So before I introduce this weeks Mom Boss Monday, I want to give a little background to this awesome babe, who is now one of my closest friends in the world! We met when my oldest was about 9 months old & her oldest was 1 year old. Our second children are 8 months apart. We met in a mommy & me class & instantly bonded. We shared common mommy experiences related to breastfeeding, parenting styles, sleeping styles (co-sleeping) & so on. Both from Brooklyn, & we just hit it off. Samantha became my person! She is the one I go to with everything.
I tell her the good, the bad & the ugly. She is my friend who keeps it real. She will tell me the TRUTH, not what I want to hear.
Her character is beyond amazing. She is LOYAL, she is SWEET, funny, DOWN TO EARTH, & thoughtful x1000. Samantha is the friend who from day 1 knew I can create Glitz & GlaMOM. She supported me every single step of the way. Samantha is the friend who will be there for you, drop off soup if your sick, watch your kids if you needed. Samantha is one of a kind, truly!
She is a keeper & everyone who is lucky enough to know her well is better for it! I am so grateful for her & her family & her friendship!
1) Name: Samantha
2) Where are you from: Manalapan, New Jersey
3) What is your business name/info? Personalized gifts, Love For Winter Personalized Gifts
4) How did you get involved with Love for Winter Personalized Gifts? I miss my career dearly. After having children, going back to work wasn’t an option because I wanted to be able to stay home and raise my children. I started out by making gifts for friends and it grew into a business.
5) What are the biggest challenges you face in your business? Time management.
6) How do you manage your time effectively? I try my best to do my work at night so it doesn’t interfere with family time. Schedule and deadlines help tremendously.
7) Tell us about a challenge you faced & overcame: Expansion! I’m always looking to find something new to challenge myself and always up to try something new.
8) Who inspires you & why: Family and Friends. I have an amazing group around me. I truly believe you are who you hang out with, and thankfully I have been blessed with great people.
9) What do you do for fun: I like trying new things with the kids, their reactions give me such satisfaction. Sometimes we need reassurance from them that we’re doing okay. Also, I live for date nights.. it’s very rare that my husband and I get a time out from the kids, but when we do it’s that much better.
10) What makes you a MOM BOSS: I think having a successful marriage, family and business is they key to a successful life. Having the right support system can make your life that much better.
**How can we find you?
Facebook page can be found here!
Samantha’s work is meticulous. She is a true perfectionist, & has made many pieces for my home as well as clothing for my girls (& myself). I recommend her not just because she’s my bestie but because her work is excellent!
Samantha, I love you, I am grateful for you, I appreciate you, & you are a true MOM BOSS!