CHECK OUT THIS WEEKS MOM BOSS MONDAY, FEATURING NATASHA DURAN OF YOUNG LIVING!
I hope you are enjoying reading about these Mom Bosses as much as I love sharing them with you! If you missed last week’s Mom Boss feature, you can catch up here!
This week I am featuring Natasha Duran of Young Living Essential Oils! Natasha is the mom of two little princesses who adore her! She is a strong mom! Natasha supports other women in business & has become someone I greatly admire! She loves helping people figure out how to use essential oils to help their families. BUT she does it without feeling pushy! I am so proud to have her be featured this week because she is truly awesome!
1) Name: Natasha Duran
2) Where are you from: Jersey! Born and raised.
3) What is your business name/info? Naturally Different Essentials: an independent distributor of Young Living. I sale and educate on essential oils (EOs) and non-toxic products for your home.
4) How did you get involved with Young Living? There is a long version, but I will keep it short. After 9 months of using and loving Young Living products, I knew that I would love helping others learn how to detox their homes and take a proactive approach to their wellness.
5) What are the biggest challenges you face in your business? There are soooo many challenges! But the biggest is mindset; others and mine. My mindset because I will stop myself from talking to someone about the benefits of EOs for example, because I never want someone to think that I am pushing product and only trying to make a sale. Meanwhile that person could have really benefited from the convo and the EO! Others, because they make so many excuses to not change what they buy…. and I totally get that because that was me. You could not talk to me about cleaning without me mentioning bleach 10000 times. I had quite the love affair with Clorox.
6) How do you manage your time effectively? Lists, alarms and rewards. I always have a running list of TTD for my business. Having a list that I am always looking over lets me jump into a work session without losing time thinking what I should do. I use alarms to push myself to complete tasks within a time-frame (done is better then perfect) and so that I can balance time with my girls and work. Rewards work in tangent with the alarms. I’ll say “if I complete x & y before the alarm sounds I can have my Ningxia”.
7) Tell us about a challenge you faced & overcame! I am so blessed. With that, I will tell you, I am going through the toughest time in my life right now but I have complete faith that I will be better for it #Hesgotme. And for sure, my struggles pale in comparison to so many moms I know, including my own, and they are such an inspiration… without a doubt I will soon be able to tell you how I overcame this period with a smile on my face.
8) Who inspires you & why? My mom. My mom is made of the softest steel; you can bend her, but you can’t break her. She is legitimately amazing. And other moms. Seeing them trying so hard to be the best mom to their little ones pushes me and reminds me that even though its not easy we were meant for the role.
9) What do you do for fun? I got jokes! I love laughing (at myself mostly) so you can catch me just about anytime saying/doing something not so smart! Outside of that, my girls. They definitely bring fun to this party we call life.
10) What makes you a MOM BOSS? 1) I keep mom boss hours: usually 6AM-7AM, pockets of 10 minutes or so until 9:30PM, and 9:30PM – until it gets done. 2) I multi-task like a mother and think like a boss. 3) I will not fail because I am writing this story for my girls.
How can we find you?
Thanks Natasha for being this weeks Mom Boss!